The importance of the correlation of CDR data with other sources
Securcube® Phone Log gives the investigators the opportunity to decipher volumes of data coming from CDR, finding useful hidden information.
BTS CELL TRAFFIC
- Securcube® BTS Tracker (SW or HW) measures the real coverage of the BTS cell, showing you which telephone cells your mobile device is ready to connect to.
- You also need the information coming from the CDR or from a mobile extractions to find out if a device was connected to a specific cell.
MNO (Mobile Network Operator)
- You acquire the data from a third party
- You have a clear indication (cellID or GPS position) of which BTS phone cell made that particular exchange ( and NOT the GPS location of the mobile device)
- You can start an investigation without a known suspect
- Huge amount of records, hard to parse
- Complete audio of a phone calls and complete text of an SMS
- No info on the data sent through other apps (skype/WhatsApp/line…)
MOBILE DEVICE EXTRACTIONS
- You obtain the data directly from the device: you acquire not only the calls/SMS but also the images, GPS position etc.
- You can extract the historical backup of certain app (whatsapp,..)
- It is not always is possible to seize the device
- It is not always is possible to analyse the device (unsupported – password locked)
- The mobile forensic tools may display the obtained data in an incorrect way (problem with the parsing procedure)
- Anti-forensic measures may affect the extracted data (fake GPS location, fake calls,..)
THE SOLUTION: SECURCUBE Phone Log and Securcube BTS Tracker analysis.
Securcube Phonelog & BTS Tracker
- Correlate data extracted from different sources
- Powerful and intuitive GUI
- MS SQL based to manage large amount of data (5PB)