The importance of the correlation of CDR data with other sources
Securcube®Phonelog, software for the cross-analysis of CDRs (Call Detail Records), historical cell site location information (HCSLI), namely CSA, mobile extraction contents, GPS tracks and much more, can efficiently reply to every investigative expectations. After the digital evidence gathering, the software helps investigators importing and parsing the data with a streamlined approach that captures the most relevant insight of the growing crime scenario.
BTS CELL TRAFFIC
- Securcube®BTS Tracker (SW and HW) measures the real coverage of the BTS cell, showing you which telephone cells your mobile device is ready to connect to.
- You also need the information coming from the CDR or from a mobile extractions to find out if a device was connected to a specific cell.
MNO (Mobile Network Operator)
- You acquire the data from a third party
- You have a clear indication (cellID or GPS position) of which BTS cell tower made that particular exchange (and NOT the GPS location of the mobile device)
- You can start an investigation without a known suspect
- Huge amount of records, hard to parse
- Complete audio of a phone calls and complete text of an SMS
- No info on the data sent through other apps (skype/WhatsApp/line…)
MOBILE DEVICE EXTRACTIONS
- You obtain the data directly from the device: you acquire not only the calls/SMS but also the images, GPS position etc.
- You can extract the historical backup of certain app (whatsapp,..)
- It is not always is possible to seize the device
- It is not always is possible to analyse the device (unsupported – password locked)
- The mobile forensic tools may display the obtained data in an incorrect way (problem with the parsing procedure)
- Anti-forensic measures may affect the extracted data (fake GPS location, fake calls,..)
THE SOLUTION: SECURCUBE Phone®Log and Securcube®BTS Tracker analysis.
Securcube Phone®Log & BTS Tracker
- Correlate data extracted from different sources
- Powerful and intuitive GUI
- MS SQL based to manage large amount of data (5PB)